NABE Industry Survey Teleconference
NABE Industry Survey
Monday, October 21
11:00 AM Eastern
Tim Gill, National Electrical Manufacturers Association, survey chair
Sara Rutledge, CBRE
Stacey Schreft, Scout Investments
Impact of Federal Shutdown on the Economy
Jack Kleinhenz, Chief Economist, National Retail Federation, 2013-14 NABE President, moderator
Doug Handler, Chief U.S. Economist, IHS
Lynn Reaser, Chief Economist, Point Loma Nazarene University, former NABE President
Questions covered include:
- How did business activity by sector in the third quarter of 2013 compare to the third quarter of 2012? What’s ahead?
- Are profit margins and selling prices expanding?
- What is happening to costs for material inputs and labor? Are firms responding by changing prices?
- Are more businesses adding jobs? Is a turnaround expected in the next six months?
- Is capital spending rising or falling? What is the outlook for the coming year?
- Where is gross domestic product (GDP) headed?
- What impact will the Federal shutdown have on the Economy?
Full resutls will be posted on October 21.
Registration is FREE for all NABE members, $20 for others.
Podcast recording is available for download.
Press registration is available by contacting Melissag@nabe.com
If you would like to purchase the podcast after the live event takes place, send an email to email@example.com.