Outlook for The Fed and Monetary Policy in the Trump Era
Tuesday, November 22
Kathy Bostjancic, Director, U.S. Macro Investors Services, Oxford Economics
Ken Matheny, Ph.D., Senior Economist, Macroeconomic Advisers
John Silvia, CBE, Ph.D., Chief Economist, Wells Fargo
Moderator: Ellen Zentner, Chief U.S. Economist, Morgan Stanley
NABE will host a webinar on Tuesday, November 22 at 11:00 AM ET to discuss the implications for the Federal Reserve and U.S. monetary policy in the wake of the U.S. presidential election results.
Among the questions to be discussed:
- What will be the central challenge for monetary policy over the next four years: increased inflation, slow growth, or financial instability?
- Will a stronger dollar and/or exchange rate volatility be issues?
- Will monetary and fiscal policy work in concert - or, be at odds?
- Will President Trump reappoint Janet Yellen as Chair?
- If Chair Yellen is to be replaced, who will be the likely candidates?
- What will the composition of the Board of Governors look like next year, and how will that affect policy?
- Will the independence of the Federal Reserve System be in jeopardy?
Registration for this webinar is FREE to NABE members and the public. Please log in or create an account to register.