Certified Business Economist
The Certification in Applied Economics and Data Analytics
NABE is the premier source for high-quality continuing education in the field of economics, offering a number of courses with an emphasis on practice over theory. Through the Certified Business Economist (CBE) program, NABE expands and formalizes this content as a unified, comprehensive body of knowledge. The CBE designation is earned by demonstrating a mastery of this body of knowledge.
The CBE is designed by leaders in the profession as a means to fill the considerable gap that exists between an academic education in economics and the skills and knowledge required for a successful career as a practitioner.
How do I become a CBE?
Candidates must meet the following requirements*:
- Examination. Candidates must pass a comprehensive practical examination.
- Member. Be a member in good standing with NABE.
- Experience. Candidates must have two years of work experience in applied business economics or in a related field.
- Education. Candidates must attain at least a four-year degree.
- Curriculum Requirements. Candidates must complete NABE’s Communication and Presentation Skills for Business Economists and Writing Skills for Business Economists certificate courses or courses deemed equivalent by NABE.
- Ethics. Candidates must sign and adhere to the NABE Code of Ethics.
- Continuing Education/Renewal. Designees may renew their CBE by completing 30 hours of continuing education every two years
Today’s business economists and analysts are expected to master a wide array of disciplines. The CBE examination is based on an advanced body of knowledge, developed and reviewed by leading business economists to ensure that it reflects the most relevant information and core competencies demanded by today’s top employers. The CBE examination is developed and administered by NABE.
The CBE Exam is designed to be a comprehensive multiple-choice assessment, testing a candidate’s practical and applied knowledge in the following areas:
- Applied Econometrics
- Business Applications of Statistics and Data Analytics
- Economic Measurement
- Economics of Strategy and Managerial Decision Making
- Foundations of Macroeconomics/Microeconomics
Candidates may choose a path of self study or enroll in NABE’s courses if guided learning is preferred. Detailed content outlines will be posted for each subject area and sample test questions will be available.
Sign up for CBE Priority Alerts to be among the first to receive the latest updates on new course offerings, CBE program announcements, exam registration, scholarship opportunities, and more! To sign up for CBE Priority Alerts, or for further questions, please contact the National Association for Business Economics at 202-463-6223 or email@example.com.